The world has become a small platform. While sitting in the privacy of your room, with your lappy in your lap and a mug of coffee in your hand, you now have the power to roam around the world in a matter of minutes, rather seconds! This is the power of the internet. What started as a form of convenience has now taken over our lives. From making a simple class project to making new friends, all aspects of our lives are dependent on it. Even our relationships have been affected by it in present times. With the coming up of social networking sites like Facebook, Tinder, twitter etc., today’s busy generation finds it convenient to form relations with unknown people, in the comfort of their home. It has, to an extent, taken the form of addiction and has definitely become a big thing in the USA dating arena. From being in a relationship to getting engaged and married, everything has to be announced on social networking sites. Anything otherwise is taken as bad social etiquettes! So with the social media taking over our dating scene, there are certain things we must keep in mind while going out with someone we met over the net:
- Research about the person thoroughly: The first and most important thing to do is to research about a person thoroughly before meeting him or her in person. It is very easy to create fake social media ID’s and fool people. Only when you are very sure about the person at the other end, fix up the date.
- Be alert on the first date: When you meet an online friend for the first time for a date, be very alert. If possible, then tag along with a friend. Make sure to tell people close to you about whom you are meeting and where are you meeting him or her. It’s better to be safe than sorry.
- Don’t become an online stalker: Once you have met the person are sure about him or her, then sit back and relax. There is just no need to keep a track of his timeline all the time. Don’t stalk him online at any cost!
- Don’t make your timeline a bulletin board: OK, with god’s grace, you have been lucky in love and have found an apt life partner online. But this certainly does not mean that you need to announce it to the whole world via your Facebook page! This way, not only are you letting the whole world have a sneak peek into your private life, but also making a joke out of yourself.
- Never break–up online: There may be chances that your relationship doesn’t work out. In such a case, make sure to break up in person, in a dignified way. Don’t make it a public announcement by putting it up as a status on social media. This will not only ruin the reputation of the other half but yours as well.
With changing times, it is better to accept and embrace the change. However, it is important to keep certain things in check, it’s better to be safe than sorry!
Download the Shaadi.com app and find your perfect match from the largest Matrimonial site